News from AllianceQ: February 2021
February O&A anniversaries!
Happy O&A birthday to these ministries with a February anniversary of living out a wide, radical welcome of all:
- First Christian Church (DOC and UCC) (Las Cruces, NM) 2/1/2004
- Shawnee Community Christian Church (Shawnee, KS) 2/2/2017
- First Christian Church (Decatur, GA) 2/5/2019
- Lafayette Christian Church (Lafayette, CA) 2/7/1993
- Southside Christian Church (South Bend, IN) 2/7/1993
- First Christian Church (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) 2/7/2018
- Sugarbush Christian Church (Guelph, ON) 2/14/2014
- First Christian Church (Burbank, CA) 2/16/2019
- First Christian Church (Minneapolis, MN) 2/24/2013
- Lee’s Summit Christian Church (Lee’s Summit, MO) 2/28/2017
May you continue living into your identity as Open & Affirming. If our records are incorrect or if your church is not listed, please let us know. If you want information about and support for the welcoming journey, contact Melissa@disciplesallianceq.org.
Virtual Building an Inclusive Church Trainings happening now
A Building an Inclusive Church (BIC) training helps you design and implement a journey for your faith community to publicly and intentionally welcome people of all gender expressions and sexual orientations. The training empowers congregations to create a grace-filled process towards becoming Open & Affirming, a process uniquely designed for the needs of each community.
Using the Building an Inclusive Church Toolkit, you will be equipped to deepen relationships throughout your faith community rather than spark debate or division. The Toolkit is an ecumenical resource with best practices, in its third edition developed by numerous Welcoming Church partners. Full details and training dates here: http://disciplesallianceq.org/bic-trainings/