News from AllianceQ: October 2018
DSF Webinars - What DO the Letters in LGBTQI+ really mean? and more...
National Coming Out Day is just around the Corner – Disciples Seminary Foundation helps you prepare with two free trainings.
These trainings in celebration of National Coming Out Day are the debut of a series of webinars that DSF has planned.
The two webinars are:
- Deciphering the LGBTQI Alphabet Soup (especially if you’re too embarrassed to ask)
- Can Paul Be an Ally? Reclaiming the Apostle from Misogyny and Homophobia
Questions? Contact Katy Valentine, Director of Online Learning, at email@example.com.
To join in these trainings you mus register at www.dsf.edu/online-learning. Do register now – space is limited!
Here is more information on these webinars:
LGBTQI: Deciphering the Alphabet Soup
(especially if you’re too embarrassed to ask)
on Tuesday, Oct. 9 at 5 p.m. PDT, and co-sponsored by Disciples LGBTQ+ Alliance (“AllianceQ”)
Join in a 1 hour lively training about EXACTLY what the letters in LGBTQI mean with the amazing Robin Knauerhase! This is especially for you if you…
- Don’t know what all the initials mean
- Avoid asking because you’re worried you might offend someone
- Know there is a difference between sexual orientation and gender identity….but you’re not quite sure what it is
- Feel like you just got a grasp on gay and lesbian, but bisexuality, transgender and intersex are brand new categories for you
- Want your church to be more inclusive but you’re not sure how to go about it
… and you’re too embarrassed to ask any of these questions.
Robin’s training will free you from embarrassing questions and explain each letter in the acronym. Even if your church IS open and affirming… is it truly inclusive at a deep level?
If you want your church to be truly inclusive, then understanding these basics backwards and forwards is absolutely necessary. Without this foundation, you won’t have the necessary tools to move forward.
Can Paul Be an Ally?
Reclaiming the Apostle from Misogyny and Homophobia
on Thursday, Oct. 11 (National Coming Out Day) at 5:30 p.m. PDT with the savvy Eric Smith
Do you harbor big questions about Paul? This webinar is for you ESPECIALLY if you…
- Harbor resentment or anger at Paul
- Want to understand Paul more but don’t know where to start
- Are concerned about the ways that Paul has been used as a weapon
- Suspect that you may not know the whole story about Paul and his comments on women and homosexuality
- Want to support women and queer spaces in the church with biblically sound arguments!
If you long to understand Paul more deeply – and maybe even find him to be an ally – then this webinar is for you!
Eric’s training will free you from the troubled relationship you may have with Paul about women and the queer community. He will also show how we do not find condemnation in the words of Paul if you are willing to dig deep.
Freedom begins with a healthy relationship with Scripture – start your journey now.
Register now at www.dsf.edu/online-learning – space is limited!